Terms and Conditions
1. Welcome to the Customized Cycling website (“the website”). The purpose of the website is to provide information about products and services for Customized Cycling visitors. The website is owned by Customized Cycling.
2. By accessing and using the website, you, the user, agree to be bound by the terms and conditions that are set out in this notice. If you do not wish to be bound by these terms and conditions, then you may not access, display, use, download and/or otherwise copy or distribute any of the content of this website.
Your use of the website
3. You agree that your use of this website is for lawful purposes only. You agree that you will not use this website for any unlawful purpose, including but not limited to: the commission of a criminal offence; to gain unauthorised access to other computer systems; or for the transmission of unlawful material.
4. You agree to access and use this site entirely at your own risk. Please read the Exclusion of Liability clause in this notice.
Choice of law
5. This website is owned and operated within the Republic of South Africa. Therefore, these terms and conditions are governed by the laws of the Republic of South Africa, and the user consents to the jurisdiction of the Johannesburg High Court in the event of any dispute.
Accuracy of information
6. While every effort is made to ensure that the information provided on the website is current and accurate, you should not assume that the information on the website is always current or accurate, and other sources of this information should be consulted before making any decision to act on the information displayed on this website.
7. We respect the privacy of all visitors to this site. You may use this site without providing any personal information. However, so that we can continually assess the popularity of the site and improve it for our visitors, we collect information on the number of visits to the site, pages viewed, etc.
Copyright and use of material
8. Customized Cycling retains copyright in the website and all current and future content that is displayed on the website which is not owned by third parties.
In terms of a limited license, granted for general use, Customized Cycling grants you, the user, subject to these terms and conditions, a non-exclusive, non-transferable, limited and revocable right to access, display, use, download and otherwise copy the current and future content of the website for your personal, non-commercial and informational purposes only.
The website owner grants the user the permission to copy and distribute the information from the website provided that it notifies the of such use and provided that the source of the information is acknowledged by reference to the source.
The website and content may not be reproduced, duplicated, copied, resold or otherwise exploited for any commercial purpose without the express prior written consent of Customized Cycling.
9. We value comments received from visitors to our site. However, you agree not to transmit any material that is unlawful or harmful, defamatory, abusive, threatening, vulgar or obscene. You remain liable to any third party for your comments, and Customized Cycling is not liable to any third party regarding the content of your comments.
Links and linking
10. Where this website provides links to other websites, the fact that we have such links must not be construed as constituting any relationship or endorsement of the linked third party, and reliance on all information and content provided by the external link is done so at your own risk. Third party advertising and promotional material may be displayed on the site from time to time, and the display of such material should not be construed as endorsing or creating any relationship between Customized Cycling and that third party. Reliance on any such promotional or advertising material is entirely at your own risk.
11. Any third party wishing to link the website to their website must obtain permission from Customized Cycling by directing such request to the , and permission may be granted on terms and conditions agreed.
Exclusion of liability
12. It is a term and condition of the use of this site that you expressly agree that the use of the site is entirely at your own risk. The website and all content on the website is provided on an “as is” basis, and Customized Cycling makes no representations or warranties of any kind, whether express or implied, to the accuracy of the contents on the website. Customized Cycling does not warrant that the functions provided by the site will be uninterrupted or error-free, or that the site or the server is free from viruses or other harmful components.
13. Customized Cycling, its owners, directors, employees, officials, suppliers, agents and/or representatives shall not be liable for any loss or damage, whether direct, indirect or consequential, or any expense of any nature whatsoever, which may be suffered by you the user, which arises directly or indirectly upon reliance of the website and/or its content.
14. Customized Cycling, its agents or suppliers shall not be responsible for any direct or indirect special consequential or other damage of any kind whatsoever suffered or incurred by you related to your use of, or your inability to access or use, the content or the website or any functionality of the website or of any linked website, even where Customized Cycling expressly advised thereof.
15. You will indemnify Customized Cycling, its owners, directors, employees, officials, agents, suppliers or representatives, and keep them fully indemnified, from and against any loss or damage suffered or liability incurred in respect of any third party, which arises from your use of this website.
We reserve the right to:
16. Modify or withdraw, temporarily or permanently, the website (or any part of) with or without notice to you and confirm that we shall not be liable to you or any third party for any modification to or withdrawal of the website; and/or
17. Make amendments to these conditions, and your continued use of the Website (or any part of) following such amendments shall be deemed to be your acceptance of such amendments. It is your responsibility to check regularly to determine whether the conditions have been changed. If you do not agree to any change to the conditions then you must immediately stop using the website.
18. We will reasonably endeavour to maintain the website and as such the Website is subject to change from time to time. You will not be eligible for any compensation because you cannot use any part of this website or because of a failure, suspension or withdrawal of all, or part of the website due to circumstances beyond our control.
Personal Information Gathered
22. From All Visitors: Information Collected and Stored Automatically when you visit our website to read pages or download information, we automatically collect and store the standard non-identifying information by way of the Google Analytics reporting tools.
23. This information does not identify you personally. This information is stored and collected by Google. We use this information to make our site more useful to visitors by learning the number of visitors to our site, the number of pages served, and the level of demand for specific pages. We do not track or record information about identifiable individuals and their visits.
When you send us personally-identifying information in an e-mail, we use theinformation you provide only to help us gather the information you might request. In an effort to respond to your request, information you submit may be viewed by various people within Customized Cycling. Once received, the information in your e-mail is protected in accordance with law, (e.g. the Privacy Act and the Freedom of Information Act).
25. Subscribers: The following additional policies apply to subscribers of our services:
a. To register for our services you will have to provide us with personally-identifiable information to enable us to provide you with our services. The information you provide will be entered into our database.
b. If you register as a subscriber, we do not make your personally-identifiableinformation available to anyone unless required by law to do so.
26. For Security, Intrusion, and Detection.
For site security purposes and to ensure that this service remains available to all users, our computer system employs software programs to monitor network traffic to identify unauthorized attempts to upload or change information, or otherwise cause damage.
Product and Order support -
Technical support –
Return / Refund Policy:
1.We provide a 14 day satisfaction guarantee to ensure that you are completely satisfied with your purchase. Products on sale, promotion, close-out or in the bargain basement, do not carry a 14 day satisfaction guarantee.
2. All merchandise purchased from Customized Cycling, comes with a minimum manufacturers warrantee. This warrantee covers any manufacturer's defect against breakage or damage caused as a result of "normal" use.
3. All “Demo” merchandise purchased from Customized Cycling, may not come with manufacturers warrantee. This warrantee covers any manufacturer's defect against breakage or damage caused as a result of "normal" use
4. If you wish to return your purchased item, you may do so within 14 days of delivery. All returned items must be in unused, brand new condition. The customer is responsible for the cost of return shipping fee.
5. At Customized Cycling, each of the bikes that are build are one offs and specifically built for your specific needs and requirements. Complete bikes cannot be returned as it is a unique on off for you, you may wish to return the items that you are not 100% happy with. The purchased item, you may do so within 14 days of delivery. All returned items must be in unused, brand new condition. The customer is responsible for the cost of return shipping fee.
6. Within the first 14 days of receiving your order, all products are returnable, refundable, and exchangeable.
7. Beyond the first 14 days of receiving your order, all products are non-returnable, non-refundable, and non-exchangeable.
8. If a returned item is received by Customized Cycling damaged due to negligent packaging or re-packaging by the customer, we will be unable to issue a refund or exchange. The best thing to do is contact customer support and explain your situation. Let's resolve this together.
9. Cancelled Orders, Any orders canceled prior to shipment may be subject to a 5% order cancellation fee.
10. Cancelled Bike Orders, Any bike orders cannot be canceled due to the unique nature of the builds, they can however be adjusted prior to shipping.
11. If you received a damaged product or bike, Please send photos of the damaged item, any damaged packaging, and the shipping label to
12. If you wish to return a product. You will need to familiarize yourself with the Customized Cycling Return/Refund policy, e-mail us at . In your email, please include the below items of information. This will go a long way in expediting your inquiry.
13. In the event that you wish to return you purchase, it must be returned to Customized Cycling - Fourways. It can be dropped off or couriered to the store, Customized Cycling - Fourways, 6 Badger Street, Fourways, Tel: +27 (0)11 467-3875 at your expense.
14. If you wish to exchange or upgrade a purchase, it can be done on a drop & collect basis via our couriers, as long as the item is in its original packaging, free of charge.
Customized Cycling uses the services of a courier company, specialized freight transporter for larger items and in house transporters for all orders. We can ship to any physical address within the borders of South Africa but unfortunately, we do not ship to PO Boxes. If you place an order from outside the boundaries of South Africa, a quote for courier costs will need to be generated and payment confirmed before any orders will be processed.
All our shipping rates are calculated according to the total weight of your parcel and destination of delivery.
Undeliverable Packages / Double Delivery
Should any of the following situations arise:
- incorrect delivery address received from customer.
- no one is available to receive your parcel.
The parcels will be returned to our offices, and we will then contact you to re-scheduled delivery. Note that you will be charged your delivery fee again. This is because Customized Cycling out sources its deliveries and therefore will be charged for each and every delivery, this delivery cost is then passed onto you. Please ensure that you give the correct delivery details on your order and ensure someone responsible is there to sign and receive your order. Customized Cycling will not be held responsible whatsoever should parcels be signed for at the delivery address provided.
Extended Delivery Times
If there is a product that requires an extended delivery time, we will phone to notify you. Items with extended delivery times are shipped as soon as they become available from the manufacturer with your approval.